We're glad to have you as part of our community. To save you time on your first visit to the studio, please carefully read the following information and bring the required forms with you to your first class (or arrive at least 15 minutes before class starts if you prefer to fill them out at the studio). **These documents are in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader free software.**
MoveStudio Policies & Guidelines - What to expect at the studio and how to make your experiences with us more enjoyable. Please also read the etiquette tips below.
Client Information & Release Form - Required of all students/clients prior to participating in any activities at MoveStudio. Complete and bring with you to your first class or workshop, fill it out at the studio prior to your first class, OR simply create an account in our online purchase system (the form is not needed when you create your own online account).
Prenatal Yoga Physician's Release - Complete and bring with you to your first class or have your doctor's office fax back to us. This release is required of all Prenatal Yoga clients. (Please note: Prenatal clients must be in second or third trimester to participate in classes.)
Client Health Profile - Required of clients/students participating in: private/semi-private Pilates or yoga training, Pilates equipment work, prenatal or postnatal yoga classes. Complete and bring with you to first session. This form is not required for general drop-in classes but will be helpful to have on file if you have specific medical or health conditions.
STUDIO ETIQUETTE AND
HELPFUL TIPS FOR NEW STUDENTS/CLIENTS
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for your first class or session, or if you are paying at the studio. Registration and payment must be completed before you will be able to take the class, session or workshop. Even if you prepay online, you will still need to sign in, store your belongings, find your class studio, etc., so please plan accordingly.
- We enforce a strict late-arrival policy: if you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be refused entry to the class. For workshops and events held outside of regular class hours, please arrive early or call if you are running late, as the front door may be locked once the event begins.
- Be prepared to use a locker for your valuables (wallet, purse, phone, etc.), or lock them in the trunk of your car, as we do not allow them in the class studios. Lockers are provided at no charge. We strongly encourage you to use a locker rather than leaving items unsecured in the hallways or your car.
- No reservations are needed for most drop-in classes. Reservations (pre-registration and payment) are strongly encouraged for all series classes, workshops and "Limited Enrollment" classes, as these often fill up in advance. Prepayment is required for "Drop-in/Prepay Only" classes (see class types).
- Wear whatever you can move in comfortably: leggings, sweats, yogawear, shorts, t-shirts, etc. Close-fitting is better than loose for mat-based classes (Pilates, yoga).
- Pilates, yoga and Nia are done barefoot. Most of our dance classes may also be done barefoot, but see class descriptions for specific class recommendations.
- If you wear sneakers or dance shoes to class, PLEASE be sure the soles are clean before entering the studio! Dirt and debris from street shoes are very damaging to our special floors and can be dangerous to those who are barefoot. We strongly recommend having a clean pair of shoes only for dancing and not wearing them outside the studio if possible.
- Please be conscientious when you have foot injuries, warts or fungus issues, infections, etc. that can be easily transmitted in a barefoot environment. Wear shoes or socks and secure bandages until the condition is fully healed.
- Please don't wear perfume or other scented products to class, since many people are sensitive and even allergic. However, a freshly washed body (and feet) and use of antiperspirant and/or deodorant are appreciated by fellow students!
- We provide mats and all equipment needed for classes, but you’re also welcome to bring your own. We strongly encourage students to have their own yoga mats for hygiene reasons; mats are widely available at many department stores, sporting goods stores, and even grocery stores, as well as online. We also have inexpensive yoga mats and blankets for sale in our Abundance Boutique. For Pilates mat classes, you can bring your yoga mat and use it on top of our thicker Pilates mats.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle or cup. (See below).
EARTH DAY EVERY DAY!
We ask your help in our ongoing reduce/reuse/recycle efforts!
Some of the key ways you can make a big impact
and help us reduce our carbon footprint:
- Bring your own reusable bottle, cup or container for water. And keep a spare empty one in your car for those times when you forget to bring one from home. We provide free refills of cool filtered water. You can purchase BPA-free reusable water containers in the Boutique, as well as bottled spring water. We do not provide wasteful disposable cups for the water cooler.
- If you find it necessary to purchase or bring a disposable plastic water bottle, make sure you recycle it in the appropriate bin next to the water cooler in the back hallway. Empty the bottle and remove the lid before placing them in the bin. And please don't put non-recyclable trash in the recycling bins; it can contaminate the whole batch and prevent it from being recycled.
- Use the warm air hand dryers in the restrooms, not the tissues or toilet paper, to dry your hands. They take no more than a minute and are "touch free": simply move your hands below the air vent to start the dryer.
- Turn off restroom lights/fan when done, especially if there is no one waiting to use the restroom after you.
Thanks for your help in making MoveStudio more green!